Budget Modification Instructions
· To create, increase, or decrease one or more existing General Ledger revenue budget and/or expense budget amounts on Accounting Flexfield lines.
· All Accounting Flexfield lines must use the same Fund value.
· Cannot be used to modify budget amounts on grants and contracts.
· The Budget Modification Form, a spreadsheet file in Microsoft Excel 97 format, is provided as a tool to assist in preparing a request to modify budget.
· An initiator should complete the Budget Modification Form and forward as an e-mail attachment to the Office of Budget Planning at BUDMOD@mail.wvu.edu.
Instructions for Completing the Budget Modification Form:
· Enter the Accounting Flexfield segment values and the budget amounts for increases or decreases to each revenue Accounting Flexfield on lines in the “Revenue” section.
· Enter the Accounting Flexfield segment values and the budget amounts for increases and decreases to each expense Accounting Flexfield on lines in the “Expense” section.
· Adjust entered data if an error message is generated.
· Enter a descriptive justification.
· Save the Budget Modification Form under a unique file name of your choosing.
· Send an e-mail, with this new file attached, to the Office of Budget Planning at BUDMOD@mail.wvu.edu.