The primary mission of Budget Planning is to be a leading supplier of decision support to the University for developing campus-wide budgets, analyzing fiscal policy, establishing strategies to effectively utilize resources, and communicating with external and internal customers concerning the University’s budget.
What We Do?
- Prepares the University’s current and long-range budget plan
- Allocates available resources through preparation of an annual budget.
- Performs budget analyses and consults with budget managers throughout the University.
- Conducts institutional research in concert with numerous other university departments.
- Acts as a clearinghouse for the University’s external budget reports.
- Responds to numerous internal and external budget reports.
- Conducts numerous special studies drawing on an array of financial and non-financial information.
- Maintains the University’s budget policies.
- Provides staff support to the Assistant Vice President for Planning and members of the University Planning Committee.